Made for developers: Our SDK for location based service
wingu is a cloud-based service that provides an extensive proximity management solution, including full-blown CMS, Trigger (iBeacon, Eddystone, QR-Code, NFC, Geolocation) management, location optimization and mobile content delivery.
Wingu provides a secure and comprehensive API for easily content creation and content delivery. You can either use wingu's API directly or preferable through our client libraries (SDKs), which wrap the API and simplify integration with mobile applications.
Just few steps to get you going with our Android / IOS SDK
1. Create your free wingu account to get access to the wingu CMS and the Trigger administration for iBeacon, Eddystone, NFC, QR-Codes and Geofences.
2. Apply for your unique API key. As soon as we activated your key you will find it in your registered wingu account.
3. Get the SDK for your favorite platform. Our SDK provides everything you need to get started with proximity and wingu CMS functionality.
The wingu SDK includes:
- Complete solution for integrating iBeacons, Geofences, NFC
- Pull content attached to beacons automatically
- Content creation on a website, customizable within SDK
- Energy efficient background scanning for geofences and beacons
- Statistics like content views or dwell time
- webhooks and interactions
For more complex interactions, f.e. if you want a structured, extensible, and simple way to get data in and out, you’ll probably want to use the REST API. You will need a Auth Key to use it, which will be provided with our Enterprise subscription.
We will provide in the near future a PHP SDK this will allow you to write plugins to integrate apps you already use, like Wordpress or Shop systems. There will be a Demo Wordpress plugin available soon to get you started.
Why use wingu SDKs / APIs
First of all, nobody knows proximity like we do. Our team boasts some of the world’s top proximity experts. These are the people who build wingu’s SDK platform and APIs. We initially developed wingu for use in our own app, but quickly realized that it could be used in a large number of apps — far more than we could build ourselves. That’s why we created the wingu platform — to offer easily integrable proximity technology to developers for use in a variety of different apps and categories. Built by developers for developers.
2. To avoid headaches.
Implementing proximity technology on your own is hard. Creating and maintaining a platform, SDKs and applications is no mean feat. It might seem like a good idea to build your own now, but 6 months or 2 years down the road, you might feel very differently. Let developers worry about other things, and use our expertise to take care of the proximity part.
3 Proximity is our focus.
We’ve been doing this for a long time. Proximity-related technologies evolve fairly fast and regularly, so keeping up with innovation is tough. And as the technology changes, how people use it will change as well. It takes complete focus to stay up to date. This is where we come in. We take care of the hard part so you can focus on what you do best.